Friday, November 10, 2017
This week has finally felt like Fall in Vermont. The weather has changed, and the brisk air is here. Students are still welcome to be on the playground in the morning before school, with supervision starting at 7:45 am. During the day, all students will go outside for recess unless it is below ten degrees with the wind chill, or if it is raining. Please be sure to check the weather and send your student(s) to school dressed to play outside.
I have often heard from families, and experienced it in my own house, the dreaded response of “nothing” when a student is asked what happened at school during the day.I finally made a deal with my daughter that she has to tell us two things she learned at school during the day when asked that question. This way I get some information, but nowhere near as much as I would like! Here are some questions to ask your student(s) instead of “How was your day” that may help you get a better picture of what their day at school was like:
- What made you smile today?
- Can you tell me an example of kindness you saw/showed?
- What did you do that was creative?
- Who did you sit with at lunch?
- Tell me something you know today that you did not know yesterday.
- What made your teacher smile today?
- If you could switch seats with anyone in your class who would it be and why?
- What questions did you ask at school today?
- What are you looking forward to tomorrow?
- What are you reading?
- Teach me something I don’t know.
I hope that using some of these questions will facilitate conversations at home with your student(s) about their day at school.
Have a wonderful weekend.
November 20th: Parent Teacher Conferences
November 21st – 24th: No School for Thanksgiving Break
December 13th: Early Dismissal NO Early Release Activities – ALL students dismissed at 12:15
December 14th: Winter Concert
December 25th – 29th: Winter Break – No school
will be set up in the cafeteria during parent/teacher conferences on
Monday, November 20th from
8:00a.m. until 7:30p.m.
Please come and help yourself to clothing for you and your children!