Welcome back! I hope that everyone had a wonderful winter break and enjoyed the unseasonably warm weather. In typical Vermont style, the warm weather is gone and the cold is back! Be sure to check the weather each day before you sending your student(s) out the door. You never know what the weather will hold each day this time of year!
Even though it is snowing outside, we have begin planning for next year already. In the past, we have run summer school at JFK. However, what summer school may look like this summer is up in the air at the moment because we are waiting to confirm funding. The plan is to run summer school starting July 5th. It would run for four weeks Monday – Thursday in the mornings. However, specific dates and the structure of summer school will not be confirmed until April sometime. The full 2017-18 calendar will be posted today at: http://www.wsdschools.org/district-information/ but a few important dates at the beginning are:
- Thursday, August 24th: Welcome Back to School BBQ
- Tuesday, August 29th: 1st Student Day
- Friday, Sept 1 & Monday, Sept 4: NO SCHOOL for STUDENTS
I hope that this helps some families with initial summer planning. We will get the summer school dates nailed down and communicated to families as quickly as we can.
Here are some important dates coming up:
- Annie Play Friday, March 10th 9:00am, 10:15am, and 6:00pm
- PTO Fundraiser Lularoe Multi Consultant Sale Saturday, March 11th 10:00am – 2:00pm WSD Cafeteria
- Auditions for the Talent Show Monday, March 13th, Tuesday, March 14th, Saturday, March 18th 3:00 – 4:00pm
- Early Dismissal Wednesday, March 15th
- Fun Fair Friday, March 24th
- Community Reads Friday, March 31st
Have a wonderful weekend.